ok, i’ve published everything i planned to put out there for the SVD. not to say i won’t need to add things, if anyone ever has any questions about what i meant….
yes, i need to put out a bibliography, too. but i’ve been at this all day, and it’s time to stop. incidentally, the SVD stuff is a category of its own – not a page as i originally set up the first (last!) installment.
i should probably emphasize that the SVD category is posted in the order i intend it to be read.
it looks like quite a pile of stuff, and it’s scary to think that it’s all only background for principal components analysis!
one advantage to doing as much work as i did today is that i’ve managed to streamline the process. take a piece of the latex output from mathematica®, drop it into TextWrangler, edit it massively there, then copy a preliminary version into the wordpress editor, and finally edit there until it works.
well, i’m thrilled to have found a way to play with the SVD, after all the years i’ve meant to. i need to actually write down the list of all the other things i’ve been meaning to look at.